Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Tat Nenas Bergulung

Finally, I have my energy and courage to bake tat nenas for this raya. What is raya without tat nenas. Last year I've sampled delicious tat nenas from Gert.
This is my simple recipe for the tat nenas (pineapple tart).
Filling:
2 can of pineapple crushed. Drained.
1 cup sugar
a pinch of yellow coloring
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon rose water
Cook all the ingredients until it thicken. Let it cool overnight.

Pastry:
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tablespoon corn flour
1 stick unsalted butter(4 oz/114 gm) * Thanks to Gert for the correction.
1 egg
1 cup sugar

Beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add an egg and beat again until fluffy. Add corn flour and fold in with flour into the mixture.



Using cookie presses , I line it upside down where the ragged side at the bottom and place the pineapple jem on the smooth side. Roll it over to cover the jem.


Brush the cookies with eggwash. That is lightly beat one egg.
I bake this at 325F degree for 15 minutes or until brown. Let it cool all the way before storing in air tight container. I let Murphy sampled 2 pieces and I have to hid the rest or else it will not last until this saturday..






No comments:

Post a Comment